Sunday, October 17, 2010

Talking Points #4 Linda Christensen "Unlearning the Myths that Bind Us"

Arguement-

     This author "Linda Christensen" argues that the "secret education" differs the mind of the society and culutre especailly towards young children. In childrens literature, cartoons, and movies all play a mjore role in differeing the minds of young children. They catch their attention early and this affect and impacts thier views on things such as racism, and sex of a person. Like in cartoons you will never see a blakc person as a cahracter, but more or less it is all white people. Even in  children's books too. I agree with what she is saying. I never really did notice any of this either until reading this article I started to think back and see that it all makes sense. The thing I would like to  discuss/ask in class is: If anyone else has thought about this too before reading this article. As I was reading an article online about children and watching television I came across some interesting facts: http://www.boloji.com/parenting/00208.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment