Tuesday, December 7, 2010

End Of Semester

It is almost the end of the semester, and the end of FNED 346 with Dr. Bogad. This calss has taught me so many different things about schooling and teaching. In the beginning I thought when am I ever going to use these techniques. Also, in the beginning with all of the different articles, I was would think why do we need to read these? We will never use them in our classrooms, or relate it to our styles of teaching. Well, now that I am looking back on it I realized how wrong I was and how much I came to appreciate tthis class, and how much I have taken out if it.
        Starting off working and helping out in school, I had no idea what to expect. I did not know what the students were going to be like, or if they would even like me. Now that it is over, I realized that I did helpt the kids out and had a strong relationship with every student in Mrs. Pinksaw's kindergarten class at Robert F. Kennedy. Not only do I hope I taught the students different things, but I know that they had a huge impact on my life and helped me elarn different styles of teaching that I will take with me for the rest of my life. Everyday I was at the school I learned something new. I also tied everything back to an article we read that week or in the past.
        I just feel like wherever I go now, all I think about are all of the different authors, and how much it is actually portrayed in real life. Overall FNED 346 helped me learn a lot of new different styles of teaching. It also gave me a great prospective of what I can expect in life as I start my career of teaching. Dr. Bogad made me realize all of this and I am very appreciative of having this class and learning everything from her and my classmates.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Tucker. I notice things all the time that relate to what we've learned in this class, even just spending time with my friends or family. Also, knowing different styles of teaching gives us more options for us to choose from when we become teachers, more models to decide what works best for us and our classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad that your experience here felt worthwhile. Good luck with everything you do, Tucker! :)

    ReplyDelete